Herbies Spices Recipes
Robert Carmack's recipe perfectly illustrates the typical use of star anise and brown cardamom pods in Asian cooking. This is a meal-in-a-dish, satisfying yet light.
- Fold ginger and shallots into foil, roast 20 minutes at 200ºC.
- Combine stock, ginger, shallots, star anise and cardamom. Simmer 30 minutes, set aside.
- Prepare noodles as per packet instructions.
- Remove spices from broth, place hot drained noodles in 4-6 bowls and divide chives and onion between bowls.
- Toss meat into boiling stock then ladle soup into bowls.