Herbies Spices Recipes
150 g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon cocoa
125 g butter, at room temperature
65 g caster sugar
2 teaspoons Fennel Pollen
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C, and grease baking tray.
2. Sieve flour and cocoa.
3. Cream butter and sugar, then gradually add sifted flour and cocoa to make a stiff, fairly dry dough.
4. Roll small spoonfuls of mixture between palms of hands into 2cm-diameter balls and place on baking tray. The smaller the ball, the more dainty the button biscuit.
5. Gently press down on each ball with the tynes of a fork.
6. Sprinkle the fennel pollen over so that there is a dusting on each biscuit. It will become crunchy as the biscuit cooks.
7. Bake five minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 150 C and cook a further 10 minutes.
8. Cool on tray for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before storing.