Herbies Spices Recipes
Fish curries are quite delicious and this recipe is no exception. The curry spices should not be dry roasted for seafood, as we want to retain the lighter, more fragrant flavour notes in the curry. Any reasonably firm-fleshed fish or even prawns can be used in this recipe.
1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 ½ tablespoons Herbie’s Spices vegetable curry
1 tablespoon lemon juice
100ml coconut cream
4 fish fillets (eg ling or redfish)
steamed fragrant rice, to serve
Cut a shallow X in the tops of the tomatoes and plunge into boiling hot water until skin begins to separate.
- Lift out using tongs and slip the skins away.
- Chop the peeled tomatoes finely.
- Set aside.
- Fry onions in oil until soft.
- Add garlic and cook approximately 30 seconds – do not brown.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and curry mix.
- Cook gently until the tomatoes have given out their juices, then add the lemon juice.
- If the mixture is too dry, a little water may be added.
- Stir in the coconut cream.
- Place the fish fillets in sauce and cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with steamed fragrant rice.